Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Picnic on the Mall

For Columbus Day (Oct 11) Jeff, Aliyah, and I had a picnic on the National Mall. Jeff had his morning and evening classes, but didn't have to go to his internship because of the holiday. So Aliyah and I met him downtown between classes for our yummy picnic.
Aliyah had fun chasing the squirrel.
And picking up grass, dirt, rocks, and sticks and throwing them.
After our picnic we walked over to the Lincoln Memorial. We didn't get pictures of that, but that is one of our favorites. It was nice to just be together and enjoy the beautiful day in DC.

2 comments:

Amy said...

She is getting so big! I shouldn't be surprised though because she and Anna are close in age.
Thanks for the update. I've been thinking about you guys. I'm sorry for your friend's (and your) loss. Ryan's best friend recently lost his 5 year old daughter to cancer. I cried so much and thought about what it would be like if Thomas died. I kind of know what you're experiencing. You'll be in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

SO CUTE!!! She just gets cuter and cuter every time! How's Jeff doing with his internship?