Sunday, November 15, 2009

Ford Theater

Last weekend, Jeff, Aliyah, and I went to Ford's Theater in DC. This is where Pres. Lincoln was assasinated. They had a museum in the basement that was very interesting that had things like the gun Lincoln was shot with, clothes he and Booth were wearing, the events of that day, and those involved in the assasination. They had pictures of Lincoln's family and some neat things honoring him. We were also able to go up to the theater where he was shot. We then went across the street to see the building where he died. They have done a really good job with the theater. It was really neat to see and we highly recommend going there when you come out to visit (hint, hint)!

Inside the Theater
The box Lincoln and his wife were sitting in
Inside the box, where he was shot

1 comment:

garcias said...

How cool. I went to that theater a long time ago. I remember that is was neat to see history first hand. I wish we could come again. And I loved your last post. She is so adorable. It is amazing how fast time goes.