Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Aliyah's 1st Birthday!

Time flies so fast! I can't believe my little girl is a year old now. We had such a fun day celebrating her. We love you, Aliyah!
Sabrina made this cute card for Aliyah's Birthday!

Aliyah loves Tigger and Winnie the Pooh so we decorated with them. She woke up to find the poster we made her. She loved pointing at it. It was cute.

We had blueberry pancakes for breakfast (her favorite) and let her open one of her presents that morning. It was a Winnie the Pooh outfit that she could wear that day.
We then went to Gettysburg. (Aliyah can say that she celebrated her birthday in 3 states! Virginia, Maryland, and Pennsylvania!)
When we got home, we let Aliyah open her presents.





She even enjoyed reading her cards!

We got her a Tigger and Pooh Balloon that she loves playing with!
After presents, we ate Chicken Broccoli Bake Casserole (Aliyah's favorite!) and then it was time for cake!
My Mom and I made this Winnie the Pooh and Tigger cake for her. It turned out great!

She enjoyed the frosting so much, she didn't blow out her candle for a little while (even though we had practiced before!) And then, she got to dig in! She loved it and got so silly and cute while eating it!








She enjoyed every bite! When she was done she was ready to wash up. She says "Please", "Sink" and "Bathroom" so cute that I'm glad we got it on video.

It was so nice to have Grandpa and Grandma Sorensen here to celebrate with us!

What a fun day!
The next day we celebrated some more by doing the web cam with Grandpa and Grandma Thomson so they could watch her open her presents from them.

Aliyah has brought so much joy and happiness into our lives! It has been a wonderful year and we are excited to have many more with her! We love you, Aliyah Kaye!!! Happy Birthday!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so happy that you posted these! Happy Birthday to my adorable niece! I am so happy to hear that she liked her purple dog and pjs. Also, the cake turned out so cute! You did a great job! It looks like Aliyah had such a fun birthday! I loved the videos of her. She is growing up so fast and I love hearing her talk. She is just too cute!! Love ya!

Ludlows said...

She is so cute! happy 9Late) Birthday! It looked like such a fun weekend, and even funner because grandma and grandpa could come.

Michelle I ran into your mom at yw basketball one night and she told me she had been hinting to your dad that is what she wanted for her birthday (I think she said her birthday) it was really funny. Glad they could make it. :)

Sally said...

She's so cute pointing all over the place. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I can't believe how smart she is! She can say bathroom??!!

Amy said...

She is so cute. Happy Birthday Aliyah! Thomas watched the videos with me and it was fun because he was trying to help Aliyah blow out the candle the entire time!

Reynolds said...

What a little smartie, cutie, and fun little one!! I love the little cheesy smiles with her little teefers!

*vickie* said...

Those are such cute pictures of Aliyah's first birthday. Thanks for sharing them. It was a fun way to be a part of her birthday since we couldn't be there in person. Give her a big hug and have Jeff give you one for me. Love you around the world and back again!!
Hugs,
Aunt Vickie

Jed and Rebecca said...

I don't know if I am way too late to wish Aliyah a Happy Birthday...or if now its just considered a really early Birthday wish for next year :) She is growing right up! Looks like she had a super fun day.

Amber said...

I can't believe she's already one! Wow! Those videos were just BEYOND adorable. LOVED them!!! And may I just say, Michelle, that you've always been beautiful, but I think you're getting more and more beautiful every time I see pics of you!!! Love you!!!!

Kimbers Sorensen said...

I love you Aliyah!!!! :) I can't wait to see you cutie pie!

JS said...

Happy Birthday! How fun!

Unknown said...

She is just so so smart! It's been great to be able to see how she's grown up! I still can't believe she's already 1! Crazy stuff! Love you and happy late birthday from Drew! :)