This is a Back Rhino. The skin looks like layered leather armor.
We got pretty close to the Jaguar, which is the famous animal used by the Mayans extensively.
This is a baby gorilla. It is following its mother. I know it looks big, but it was very small. We were just close. I wish I had gotten the picture with its mother in the frame as well.
It was Michelle's favorite animal.
Ha, ha, ha, ha. The Oklahoma City Zoo has lookouts that bring you into very close proximity with the animals. This Hyena didn't seem so funny, however, when it poised to practically pounce. For some reason the man next to us seemed to unintentionally but overtly draw its attention.
The Cheetah seemed fascinated with something in the tree. This has always been my favorite animal. It can reach speeds of 65 miles per hour.
This is more Grizzly than any other. We've been to Yellowstone and are from Utah, and this is the most Bear that we've seen. It was very active and ended up in the water, soaking and relaxing. The sign said that the Grizzly can run up to 40 mph. Look out Cheetahs!
We had an enjoyable time together. This is one attraction visitors ought to see when they come to Oklahoma.
2 comments:
Wow.. I have always wanted to go to a zoo that big. ~ And to see all sorts of different kinds of animals. Glad you are showing us the sites over there! :)
I am so happy for you guys. Good luck with school. (I love the zoo too.)
Post a Comment