We went to Annapolis, Maryland a couple of weeks ago. (I know, I'm behind on my blogging.) We went for an internship interview (which Jeff got the position for!) and to see the area. It was beautiful. The leaves were starting to turn, but things were still pretty green. The buildings and streets were red bricked. They had beautiful, old, historic buildings everywhere. The streets downtown were little and looked like a great place to do some window shopping. It was such a quaint little area.
When we went there, we didn't know we would be seeing historical sights as well. I guess we are still getting used to the fact that we live in such a historical area! There are historic landmarkers everywhere. Anyway, we learned that Maryland's capitol building was the Nation's Capitol building for 9 months and where General George Washington resigned from being Commander-in-Chief for the continental army. Here are some pictures from the trip.
The old Post Office building
Thurgood Marshall and Jeff
5 comments:
Where is Jeff interning? Will it be near us?
Brick paved streets?? Ahhh.. I can't wait to go back east!!
5 of my blog friends live in Maryland.. I am going to try and go next year if I can.. and see it all.. and spend some time with my brother in VA too!
She is so cute behind the wheel!
They do grow up way too FAST!
Wow, what a great historical place to live!!!
Sweet pictures!!!
Cute pictures. The driving one reminds me of what I'm going through these days...just wait. It looks like a beautiful area. Congrats on the internship. Hope all is well with you! Love you around the world and back again! Hugs to all, Aunt Vickie
No fair! Aliyah gets to drive and I just barely got my license? Haha!
That's so fun!!! Thurgood Marshall and Jeff made me laugh!!
Post a Comment