Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hershey, Pennsylvania

On Monday, August 23, we thought it would be fun (and yummy) to go see Hershey, Pennsylvania (headquarters of Hershey's chocolate) before Jeff started school again. (His last year of law school - Whoopie!!)
We loved the signs welcoming us to this chocolaty little town.


While there we discovered there is a lot to do in Hersheys. They have a theme park (Hershey Park), tours, sample chocolate, fun souvenirs, HUGE Hershey candy bars, a place to make your own candy bar, a 3-D chocolate movie, and a museum on Mr Hershey, etc.
We weren't able to do all of it, but while at Chocolate World we did get to do the chocolate tour ride.

It was a ride that took you on a tour of their factory. Aliyah was so excited in line (probably because she remembered the rides from Disneyland in May) and on the ride she squealed with delight when she saw the singing cows.
It was really interesting learning about how they make the chocolate.
At the end of the ride, they let us have a sample. Aliyah loved her "choc milk" (that's what she calls chocolate).
As you can see from her face, she enjoyed every bite.
In Hershey, their lamp posts look like Hershey Kisses, with and without wrappers. Pretty creative.
Where else can you find street names like these?

After enjoying the chocolate city, we stopped by Taco Bell to get a quick bite to eat before heading back to Virginia. This is Aliyah's face after trying a little root beer. As you can tell, she's not a fan of carbonation! I think she'd rather stick with her "choc milk".

5 comments:

Ludlows said...

Looks and sounds like so much fun! I hope to make it back that way again someday. Good luck with the last year in law school!

Sally said...

You guys live close to so many fun places to visit. It would sure make entertaining visitors much easier!

Really cute pics!

Amber said...

Looks like I need to vacation there. Mmmmm....

JS said...

I love all the adventures you have!
I am all about adventures. I think I would love Annapolis!... and who wouldn't love Hershey, PA? Chocolate.. yes please. :)

Unknown said...

Looks like some delicious fun! I wish we lived out there so we could see all those fun places! Love ya and miss ya!