Thursday, November 11, 2010

Amanda and Solomon

On Thursday, October 28, 2010, my sister married Solomon Nair in the Manti Temple.
We were able to fly out to be a part of the sealing and celebrations afterwards. We are very excited to have Solomon in our family! It was cute to see how quickly Aliyah took to Solomon. She loves to say his name.

The happy couple
Amanda and Solomon
The sealing was beautiful! It was wonderful to be there. (More pictures to come)

Sorensen family
Sisters!
She was a beautiful bride!

Aliyah at the luncheon after the temple. She loved the cream puffs, can you tell?! I can't blame her! They were pretty good.
The reception was the next day. Aliyah loved wearing her "Pretty purple dress" and enjoyed dancing the night away.
She even had a handsome dance partner!
More dancing and cute smiles

She loved playing with her cousins. Owen and Aliyah looked so cute together!
Aliyah loved Amanda's bouquet and wanted to smell the flowers.
Amanda gave her part of her bouquet. Aliyah loved it! She carried it around the rest of the night!
Aliyah with Grandma and Grandpa
Aliyah and Great Grandma Carter
They enjoyed playing "flower girl" and scattering petals all around
Owen came over to join in the fun
After cutting the cake and Amanda's Hawaiian dance, the reception came to a close. We then helped with the clean up. Aliyah thought it was fun playing with the decorations as they came down. She loved running around, so when it got quiet, I knew she had discovered a new decoration to play with.
I spotted her playing with the vines.
And she LOVED hiding under the purple material.
Grandma Sorensen and I even had fun cleaning up!
What a beautiful wedding and reception.
Congratulations, Amanda and Solomon! We love you!!!
PERFUME!

7 comments:

Ludlows said...

So beautiful! I am glad that you were able to come out and be part of the wedding it looks like it was a wonderful event! You all look so beautiful! Amanda was a stunning bride. Congratulations on the new addition to the family. Solomon is great!

Shari said...

Oh, Amanda looks beautiful! I was so sad I couldn't be there. It stinks to live so far away!!!

Reynolds said...

So beautiful and cute and fun and wonderful! Yay for family time and visits. We should get together if you're sticking around for a bit!

garcias said...

What beautiful pictures. Weddings are so fun. I am glad you got to go back to see your family. The only thing I wish, (well I wish for more, but we will stick with the one that is possible.), I wish Amanda didn't always have the beautiful bouquet of flowers in front so I could see her dress. :) You new brother-in-law seems really cool! Now when are you coming to visit me here in Texas. ? :)

Unknown said...

So Beautiful! Manti Temple is my FAVORITE!! That is great you were able to come out for your sis. My little Brother's name is Solomon and I've never known anyone else with that name. I love it!

Rachel said...

Amanda is beautiful. I loved seeing pictures of the wedding. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Is she not such a doll?!! I could just pinch her cheeks!

Congrats to your sister, that's so cool! They look so happy!