Friday, April 9, 2010

Recent "Buzz"

Aliyah loves to feed herself so we get this quite often.
A story of our watch bee:
We have a dedicated Carpenter bee outside our kitchen window. It hovers and protects it's nest from anything that comes near it. Luckily it does not sting or bother us. In fact, it keeps away the wasps and other insects from our patio. So we have named our bee "Vigilante." Anyway, when Aliyah communicates, she sometimes uses baby sign language. Some that is made up and some that she has learned. She has a sign for bug (scratching her hair above the ear) and does this to let us know every time she sees the bug. Well, I have decided that I might have to close the kitchen blinds when she eats because every time she eats (and as you can see from the above picture, she gets pretty messy!) she sees our bee and signs "bug" over and over, getting food all over in her hair throughout meal time. Cream of Wheat is the worst! Oh well. I sure love that girl!


She also has enough hair now for a ponytail! She looks so cute and grown up with them. Here are some pictures we tried to get of her with her first ponytail.


I love how it sticks straight up. So far she is pretty good at leaving it in her hair (unless she sees herself in the mirror!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So cute! I love it and I can't wait to see it in person. So Fun!!