It was Jeff's birthday on Wed, Jan 26, but he wasn't supposed to get home from class until 9pm that night so we had planned to celebrate his birthday that Friday. That morning we made him some cinnamon rolls for breakfast, sang to him, and let him blow out a candle before he left for classes. About 4pm Jeff called and told us that his night class had been cancelled because of the snow. We were so excited! We carefully drove out in the snow to pick him up from the Metro (which took us 2 hours) and came home. I quickly made a Chinese dinner (his favorite). We were thrilled to have Daddy home on his birthday! We let him open his presents that night, but had to spread the rest of his birthday out over the next 3 days.
Day one celebrations:
Aliyah liked helping Daddy open his birthday presents. She asked where the Christmas tree was though (I guess she relates presents to the Christmas tree! What a cute girl!)
A birthday kiss!
The next evening we had birthday cupcakes. Aliyah enjoyed singing to Daddy over and over, but most of all she was fascinated with the candle. She kept wanting us to light it again and again so she could help Daddy blow it out.
The third evening, the leasing office was finally open after the storm so we could get Jeff's birthday package that came in the mail and Jeff (with Aliyah's help) was able to open more birthday presents!
We liked celebrating Daddy all three days! Happy Birthday Jeff/Daddy! We love you and are so grateful for you!
5 comments:
Looks like fun!
Those cupcakes look yummy!!
how fun. yay for Jeff. The top picture totally made me do a double take, I thought it was your old apartment...missing you like always. stay warm
So, I want to know what he got for his birthday in all of those presents that he got to open. I'm always on the lookout for good husband/daddy presents and I couldn't tell what a single one was from the pictures! I'm glad you had fun with your birthday celebrations!
Happy BIrthday Jeff! What a fun way to celebrate, letting your daughter "help" open presents. I love that she loves treats so much, Sawyer is going to be the same way (well he already is. Is it bad if my 8 month old likes cake?)
Yay for Birthdays!! Looks like Jeff had a fabulous day, and those cupcakes do look super yummy!
PS- Aliyah is so cute in her princess dresses!
Post a Comment