Well, our first sightseeing trips (besides trying to find grocery stores, gas stations, and Jeff's school in the middle of DC itself) were to George Mason's home, Philadelphia, and the Washington DC temple. We chose to do some of the farther sights first since Jeff hasn't started school yet.
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaThe drive to Philadelphia took about 3 hours. It was a pretty drive and was well worth it. We were able to see the Liberty Bell (yes, that is drool on my shirt - I'm a Mom). But it was neat to see in person! I remember always learning about it and coloring pictures of it in elementary and here I was - standing right there. It was exciting.

We saw Benjamin Franklin's home and grave, ate a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich (we were in Philadelphia so we had to have one!) and saw Independence Hall where they signed the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. It was so neat to be there! This is where our nation got it's start and I'm so grateful for those that founded it.


This is the actual room where the documents were signed!
Well, we saw a lot more on our way back home. We took the wrong bridge and ended up driving through New Jersey and Delaware. It was funny. So in one day we were in 5 states!
The
Washington DC temple is so pretty.

Here is
George Mason's home. George Mason was one of the founding fathers who helped with the Constitution but didn't sign it because he felt there should be a Bill of Rights.
1 comment:
That is so awesome!! I'm a HUGE philly cheesesteak and to have an authentic one, oh man... (The places were great too, haha!)
Post a Comment