Thursday, December 31, 2009

A little-after-Christmas present

We had Grandpa and Grandma, Uncle Jayce and Aunt Jenny Thomson come out and visit us after Christmas. We had such a wonderful week with them!
We had another Christmas with everyone together. They spoiled us, but our favorite present was having them with us!
Aliyah loved all of her presents! It was so cute watching her open her presents and play with them.
She was excited to have new toys and books. She loved all the attention she got too!




Aliyah loved being chased by Uncle Jayce, waving and pointing at Grandpa, scrunching her nose with Aunt Jenny, and playing peek-a-boo and patty cake with Grandma!

We started out our adventures by visiting the DC temple to see the Festival of Lights, Sunday night. Aliyah still enjoyed pointing out all the Christmas trees and lights.


Monday, we took the metro into DC and saw all the Monuments and Memorials.

It was very cold (as you can tell by the ice on the Reflection pool), but we were able to show them all the sites. Here are a few of the pictures:


Washington Monument
Lincoln Memorial

The White House (Dad was even interviewed by a news channel!)The Capitol
We also showed them Jeff's Law School, the Vietnam and Korean War Memorials, George Mason and FDR Memorials, By the end of the day, we were all exhausted! Aliyah was comfortable in Grandma's arms on the ride back.

We also went to Ford's Theater, the Spy Museum, the Smithsonians, National Archives, and Philadelphia. We also went to Valley Forge. This was our first time there too.



This was the headquarters and the house that Gen. George Washington stayed in during one of the winters of the Revolutionary War.

I loved the rug in there!


These were some of the cabins that the soldiers stayed in.


On one of their days here, Grandpa and Grandma took Aliyah, Jayce and Jenny to Mount Vernon while Jeff and I were able to go to the DC Temple. It was so nice to have babysitters! We were also able to enjoy a breakfast date that week too.

Their last day here we took them to Iwo Jima and Arlington Cemetary. They had wreaths on all the graves. It was a beautiful site.


We loved having them visit! We miss them a lot and are grateful for such a wonderful week with them! Thank you! Love you!

5 comments:

Ann Marie said...

What great pictures!
It was so fun to see them with you.. and visiting all of the sites!

Aunt Judy is so great with children. Her grand children are lucky. Of all of the pictures.. I love the one with her playing peek-a-boo with Aliyah. Darling stuff!

When I get back there.. I am going to be IN LOVE with those old homes and historic sites. Can't wait!

Sally said...

How fun! DC looks like a fantastic place to visit.

JS said...

That is so fun! I have never been there... we might have to come for a little visit one of these days!

garcias said...

Wow what a trip. It is always fun to have spoiling grandparents/parents come. I am still trying to convince myself of going into debt to come and visit. :) What do you think?

By the way, Aliyah is getting more beautiful everyday. She is so cute.

tiff said...

I love the pic of Aliyah sleeping!

And I'm jealous you went to Philadelphia. I love the history there.