Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I love that girl!

I did Aliyah's hair in pigtails and she was so excited. She kept calling them "Minnie Mouse hair". I guess it does look a little like Minnie Mouse ears.
Of course, she wanted her Minnie Mouse and her Minnie dress to go along with her hair. What a cute girl!
Aliyah loves brushing my hair. Whenever she finds the brush, she'll ask me to sit down. Then, as she brushes it, she will say, "Hold still" and "Pretty hair" and "Other side." Hmm... I wonder where she learned it.


We made cake the other day and Aliyah helped me lick the beaters clean. It's getting hard to cook with her because she wants to sample everything. If I tell her to wait, she puts it right by her mouth, waiting and watching, just testing me, and if I don't say anything, she puts it in her mouth. If I catch her and tell her no she says "Mmm, smells good, Mommy." Nice cover up. She's so sneaky and cute!
"Mmm. Tastes good Mommy!"
YUM!
Aliyah loves to play in her toy box and to climb and get into things. She usually carries her booster chair around with her and uses it as a step stool.

We enjoy having graham crackers and milk together! I'm glad she likes to eat them with me.

In fact, she is very much like the story of the mouse that asked for a cookie: If you give Aliyah a cracker, she will ask for milk - to "dip it." If you give Aliyah some milk she will ask Mommy to sit by her and have some too.

I like those kind of afternoons and I love that girl!

No comments: